CBD products are not magical, but they can provide you with many benefits for your health, in addition to the fact that they do not cause any psychoactive or psychotropic effects, nowadays they are very popular since they are used to treat many ailments in a totally natural way.
CBD gains its effects thanks to the fact that our body has an endocannabinoid system, made up of neurotransmitter substances such as serotonin and its cell receptors regulate a variety of functions in our body, such as sleep, pain and even appetite. Which means that CBD works in our body with the same naturalness and fluidity as any other substance secreted by our body.
Thanks to this, cannabidiol is used in different ways:
- To treat epilepsy as it reduces the frequency and intensity of seizures generated by this disease
- To reduce anxiety, a 2018 study conducted by the University of São Paulo in Brazil has shown that CBD reduces anxiety in patients who feel fearful in social situations such as public speaking.
- As an anti-inflammatory, since CBD helps our endocannabinoid system to reduce the inflammation that our body generates naturally.
- It helps against Alzheimer’s, as it helps prevent the disease and delay it to a great extent.
- Protects the heart, since one of its benefits is to regulate cardiovascular pressure, helping to prevent heart and brain attacks.
- Helps regulate sleep, due to its relaxing effect
- As an antidepressant since it inhibits the transmission of the nerve signal. In some cases it works better than any other medicine against anxiety or depression.
- To treat psoriasis, as it helps repair our cells.
As you can see, CBD has many benefits, and we believe that there are still many to be discovered, since it is a complex compound which has been studied for years.